Planet Dark Ages: Prizard Vs Wiest - Planet Dark Ages

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Prizard Vs Wiest

Poll: Which will you choose if you were to create a new character? (110 member(s) have cast votes)

Which will you choose if you were to create a new character?

1. Prizard (68 votes [62.39%])

Percentage of vote: 62.39%

2. Wiest (41 votes [37.61%])

Percentage of vote: 37.61%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 User is offline   Nakio 

• Internet Superhero
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members
  • DA Class:No thanks.

Posted 22 June 2005 - 12:07 AM

[XXXX]Sad attempt at comics
[XX]Naruto and Ninjas
[]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
[X]Companies think they do better when they have a new name.
[XXX]I'm so good at the trackman wheel in FPS's!!!
[]Korean MMO #2198317921
[]Dark Ages?
[X]Boobies
[]Guns and things blowing up
[]CS giving massive anger
[]Oven Malfunctions
[]New Computer
[XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]???????
[]Other

Fun!

#32 User is offline   Jyin 

• Insight: Master

Posted 22 June 2005 - 01:06 AM

[X]Subs being better than pures*
[X]Roleplaying being dead
[X]Life not being fair
[XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]DaTeam sucking
[X]Which class owns the most?
[X]Arenatards
[X]Elitists
[X]Morons
[X]Something being too hard
[X]AB taking too long to get
[X]Bugs
[]A wishlist
[X]Something stupid and unrelated
[X]Other

*I made a post about pures being better than subs =(

Toraxa, on Jun 21 2005, 10:40 PM, said:

I never realized you had a wiest.  :OffTopic2:
The thing is, wiests are easier to make. If you don't wanna have to struggle to get started, then make a wiest. While wiests have a slower start after subbing, prizards already have ard and dion, and they get mor fas shortly after. This makes a post-sub prizard much more useful in a group than a post-sub wiest. However after 99, and master, due to prizards losing their diana, their 1 line heals and buffs/effect spells are less useful in a group situation than a wiests 0 lines. However Prizards tend to have higher mana, and it's instantly refillable. Prizards also have a better medenian path and access to all the elements, where Wiests only have access to a few. This gives Prizards the advantage in soloing, and a huge advantage in ab hunting/soloing. Wiest is still a lot of fun though.
View Post

I didn't get mor fas on my prizard until like 64 :p
(All wis stat plan)

Glacial, on Jun 22 2005, 01:27 AM, said:

priest mana regen is fast??
View Post

Priest and Wizard mana regens are the same speed.
The formula for max regen is
Max regen = Wis = Insight + 10
Thus at 99 the wis for max regen would be 109
However wizards have fas spiorad so you won't really have to wait for regens, the only time i need one is when i need to fas spiorad and want a little mp to dion
Back on DA for now~

#33 User is offline   Toraxa 

• Τελευταίο πρίσμα
  • DA Class:Warrior

Posted 22 June 2005 - 11:31 AM

Female bards are wonderful. I love those skirts. Male bards are the most hidious thing pre-AB10.

#34 User is offline   Bacae 

• Insight: 72-81
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 June 2005 - 11:36 AM

Wiest are better for hunting with bashers like pure warriors and marriors prizards can hunt but they work better with bashers with there own dions so healing isn't as important. Also they work well with rogues. Just depends on how you wanna hunt.
Hi I'm Bacae you can call me Bacae or bacon call me anything else and I'll chop off your head.

#35 User is offline   Blue 

• truth told
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:01 AM

lol my priest is subbing wizzie soon, but when ever I thought about the 1-line dion, I was "OMG, I hope I did it the other way".

Wiest is better than priest in that most of their spells are 0 lines, which means if they wanna shut me up in Arena, they can do it quicker than I do it to them =/
I am FountainBlue and I Approve this Message.

#36 User is offline   Bywyd 

• angry
  • DA Class:pure monk

Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:25 AM

I would rather hunt with a priz, but I would rather use a wiest.
Thanks for making the world a brighter place.

#37 User is offline   Palit 

• Insight: 82-91
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 05 August 2005 - 05:42 AM

Here's how it works, priz = fun as heck outside arena. They can solo, group hunt, whatever, although their group hunting is a tad worse than wiest group hunting, it still fun stuff. Unlimited mana is only good for MSPG or summons. By the time you have the mp to DO anything with mspg, you have enough mp to never need fas spiorad, unless you use mspg or spam summons.

Wiest=Insane group hunter. 0 line dion, 1 line Mor dion comlha, 0 line heals, 1 line ard with the 0 line dion stave (Diana), 0 line ao suain/aodall if you ever Chaos or whatnot. 0 line arma and stuff is handy, but not a big deal at all. 0 line ao ard cradh etc. 0 line mor ioc comlha. Deo Searg Gar=hunting with a pure wizard, or even a prizard if you just drain their mp. With enough mp you can solo places with DSG. You can even solo Chaos, or two man it with a pure wizzy.

Arena= PRIZARDS ABSOLUTELY DO NOT COMPARE TO WIESTS IN THE ARENA. I have a 30/25k geared wiest. NO PRIZARD CAN KILL HIM, period. I will duel any prizard, I don't care what you say. No prizard can kill me in an mspg, thus no prizard can kill me. I have tested all this stuff with splfy before, we dueled and he has what, 45k mp? I don't remember. There's no way he could kill me, so we just called off the duel. Summons don't do crap to 30k hp and fas/aite/ard/pramh and a DB, neither does MSPG. Deo lamh? Deo saigh? I laugh. Listen, if you want to arena and rape people as a caster, you make a wiest. If you could care less about arenaing, or just want to kill lower hp people, then consider making a priz.

In conclusion: Make one of each.
Rawr~

#38 User is offline   Celsius 

• Go go Image Ready.
  • DA Class:Pure Summoner, Weist Bard, Pure Warrior

Posted 05 August 2005 - 07:00 AM

Prizard. I have a weist, but i'll never log on again probably... sooo.. it doesn't matter =P
Posted Image
DA~

#39 User is offline   Draon 

• Insight: 97
  • DA Class:Pure Monk

Posted 28 August 2005 - 12:59 PM

Hunting:

SW = not too much difference, if you have reflect they do the work for you. Greens could be a problem if your a priz due to the 1 line dion but in general if you have ok hp you can take a few hits from the 'Light Blasts'. If you have adorations, priz's higher int combined with using Dall can be quite nice for crowd control.

MTGS = Priz, faster at cursing which if your any good should be the only thing slowing you down there. Wiest have no trouble here but DS makes very little difference compared to Ard here since they die in a few hits anyway.

Arena = Wiest. Priz are good but wiest have it due to DSG, 0 line dion, 0 line ao's and heals etc, in general, the speed. Priz prahm is pretty good due to the higher int but other than that any good wiest could handle it.

Soloing = Priz, i can solo all summons for the medusa creasant on my 'Wiest' but general hunting has to be priz. Unlimited mana is a must here. If your a summoner you get even more powerful ele attacks which combined with Ard Crahd, Fas and Prahm means in CR if you've guessed the ele there pretty much dead. SW they can 2man with an Archer faster than a wiest and a basher if they have high level summons.

Wiest VS Priz...
Comes down to what you prefer, if you like Arena and 'enjoy' hunting with other people then Wiest. If your not to bothered by arena but like hunting and want to be able to solo as well then priz might be for you.

All the above is opinionated btw.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups...
Posted Image

#40 User is offline   Krodis 

• 21st Century Schizoid Man
  • DA Class:Pure Bard

Posted 28 August 2005 - 03:26 PM

I'd say a wiest, simply because of the arena thing. Hunting they hunt at the virtual same speed, and with enough hp/mp, they can both solo in many places. Prizzes can solo more places with less mp thanks to fas spiorad, however wiests can solo Chaos much better with enough hp/mp thanks to a good light attack. In arena, there is no question because wiests have 0-line dion, heals, ao's, and a good light attack, plus they have df and pramh without requiring adorations.

#41 User is offline   Blue 

• truth told

Posted 28 August 2005 - 09:43 PM

Toraxa, on Jun 21 2005, 09:40 PM, said:

The thing is, wiests are easier to make. If you don't wanna have to struggle to get started, then make a wiest. While wiests have a slower start after subbing, prizards already have ard and dion, and they get mor fas shortly after. This makes a post-sub prizard much more useful in a group than a post-sub wiest. However after 99, and master, due to prizards losing their diana, their 1 line heals and buffs/effect spells are less useful in a group situation than a wiests 0 lines. However Prizards tend to have higher mana, and it's instantly refillable. Prizards also have a better medenian path and access to all the elements, where Wiests only have access to a few. This gives Prizards the advantage in soloing, and a huge advantage in ab hunting/soloing. Wiest is still a lot of fun though.
View Post

Totally agreed, I choose prizard over wiest simply because its ability to solo +unlimited mana.

but prizard is slow right after mastering -- unmaxed prizard is not cool at all, provided that most of prizards don't have mspg right after they mastered. This is worsened when you loose your holy diana, with low hp + 1 line dion (due to the facts that you need to use hp to buy stats) you are more vulnerable than a wiest.

It's harder to leech someone on a priz too, because the insighters don't have dion and you don't have MDC like wiests. Unless you have a rogue, or you had waited several adorations to learn dall/suain, you will have to red them a ton when you bring them to sw 30 or mtg (your 1 line ard ioc is always slower than the speed they loose their hp).

If you happend to loose your holy diana after mastering, your best bet is to max your mor dion the first thing after that. Nothing hurts more than failed 1 line dions >.<
I am FountainBlue and I Approve this Message.

#42 User is offline   Malache 

• O, here's a sturdy branch!
  • DA Class:monkwar/riz/priz/warrogue/wiest

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:55 PM

I have both but I prefer wiest... more fun.
On the town square a soldier sees death beckoning to him. He takes fright, goes to see the king and says, "Death has beckoned to me, I am going to flee as far away as possible, I am fleeing to Samarkand." The king commands that death be sent to him, to explain why it has terrified his captain. And death tells him, "I didn't want to frighten him. I simply wanted to remind him we had an appointment tonight - in Samarkand."
Fiel Capilla, Chapel of Faith: http://www.fiel-capilla.com.

Posted Image

#43 User is offline   Anya 

• Insight: 93
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • DA Class:Mogue

Posted 28 August 2005 - 10:59 PM

It might just be me, but I hate playing a prizard.
Posted Image

#44 User is offline   Malache 

• O, here's a sturdy branch!
  • DA Class:monkwar/riz/priz/warrogue/wiest

Posted 28 August 2005 - 11:00 PM

Anya I fell in love with thy avatar.
On the town square a soldier sees death beckoning to him. He takes fright, goes to see the king and says, "Death has beckoned to me, I am going to flee as far away as possible, I am fleeing to Samarkand." The king commands that death be sent to him, to explain why it has terrified his captain. And death tells him, "I didn't want to frighten him. I simply wanted to remind him we had an appointment tonight - in Samarkand."
Fiel Capilla, Chapel of Faith: http://www.fiel-capilla.com.

Posted Image

#45 User is offline   Maxamillian 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 29 August 2005 - 06:57 AM

Prizard > any class. 2 adoration allows you to get all the useful spells. Ard Cradh, Pramh, Faileas, Suain, Dall. Although personally speaking I've had two different builds. First the "generic" prizard, no adorations your basic spells and it works fine I don't regret not waiting for an adoration. The Second which most call the "arena build" Mor Cradh, Pramh, Faileas, Suain, Dall No adorations, again this is a decent build, any basher can bash mtg fine with Mor Cradh, faileas allows you to ard monsters hunting in sw or nobis, only downside would be chaos if you like to chaos with a priz.

Personally I don't think adorations make a difference, 1 ador pramh/faileas good for arena but not necessary, 2 ador pramh/faileas/suain/dall, suain/dall help with hunting but do nothing for you in arena. Any 0 adoration prizard is just as good as an adoration prizard. Oh I forgot to mention the ability to solo anywhere in the game, that too.

Is it just me or is everyone not looking at the big picture with summoners, summons 3 at ab12 is stronger than Star Arrow, now just picture Summons 10 in the future... to a Wiest/Bard... I mean as of now Bards have no offensive spells since the nerf of IA. Prizards are like Offensive Powerhouses and can be good in arena it just depends on the player and their skill, basically. Wiests are defensive and basically a support class to bashers/archers/summoners unless say you actually hunt a wiest to about 100k mp to solo chaos at a fast enough rate. Anyway I prefer Prizards and I have both. :HorrorM:

This post has been edited by Maxamillian: 29 August 2005 - 06:59 AM

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most

#46 User is offline   Maliome LaShae 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • DA Class:Wiest/Bard

Posted 05 September 2005 - 11:08 PM

I Love my Wiest =(
it's hard to be evil in a world gone to hell.

#47 User is offline   Zyphone 

• Just turned this whole situation upside down face.
  • DA Class:Monk/Warrior

Posted 06 September 2005 - 01:42 AM

I dont arena much. Therefore I wouldn't disagree or agree with any of your statements. But if i had the choice between a wiest and priz, i'd go priz considering the fact i had ard cradh and mor dion. Unlimited mp, kickass summons, and a few priest spells to help - good for soloing. Wiest has the advantage with alot of 0 line spells but their more of a defensive/healer type than anything else - more for 2 manning with a basher.
Posted Image

#48 User is offline   Trixiath 

• Pat your weave ladies.
  • DA Class:Fag

Posted 07 September 2005 - 05:14 AM

I have both. First character was a Prizard. I found making my Prizard to be alot of planning, but less stress after sub. Also, subbing in the items that allow you to get Mor Fas right away allows you to go to 109-120 WIS without any guilt at all. Going to 109 WIS as Wiest was stressful, specially when people start getting annoyed with you only having Beag Cradh. Good thing about Prizard: All your priest [filtered] is done when you sub. You get your 1 line staff right when you master and Mastering Wizard is cheap and easy. MSPG isnt a big necessity so you can hunt/enjoy master before spending an assload of gold on it. Wiest is an expensive sub right off the bat. MSPG+MSB make this sub 7m before even hitting priest. And if you want an Ard, that macroing is highly annoying if you dont have a wizard friend. After subbing Wiest is annoying as well because you have all your priest crap to do, your spell book is packed, you dont get your 1 line staff till after Phoenix, Ard Ioc is a [filtered] to max without a wizard friend, and you dont have the nice advantage of having aite/ard cradh while you hunt to 99.

However, after you get past the annoying parts of Wiest, it pays off. 0 line dion, heals, aos, etc etc. And overpowering in arena. However, as Prizard you solo a good amount of places, and is an overall useful character to have around to make gold, blow crap up, etc. Im glad my first character was a Prizard. It made making my Wiest a hell of a lot easier.
Posted Image

#49 User is offline   Palit 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2005 - 06:10 AM

Maxamillian, on Aug 29 2005, 08:57 AM, said:

Prizard > any class.
View Post

Like I said in my post, wiests > priz in the arena, end of story. Priz > wiest soloing for exp/ab. Yes wiests can solo chaos or nobis, but they don't get nearly the exp as a priz soloing Gira or such.

Just drop the post people, everyone is repeating the same stuff, or throwing in opinions. That's all this decision is, an opinion. If you can't make your own opinion based on what is already here, then you probably should just flip a coin to see which you will make.
:FROWNM:
Rawr~

#50 User is offline   Prada 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • DA Class:Wizard/Priest

Posted 07 September 2005 - 06:42 AM

Palit, on Sep 7 2005, 10:10 AM, said:

Like I said in my post, wiests > priz in the arena, end of story. Priz > wiest soloing for exp/ab. Yes wiests can solo chaos or nobis, but they don't get nearly the exp as a priz soloing Gira or such.

Just drop the post people, everyone is repeating the same stuff, or throwing in opinions. That's all this decision is, an opinion. If you can't make your own opinion based on what is already here, then you probably should just flip a coin to see which you will make.
:FROWNM:
View Post

Maybe back in the days of instant aether IA a Wiest could solo Chaos, but I know of no wiests that actively solo chaos more than 1mill exp an hour. With the constant spam of dall/suain and pramh (in some areas) plus heavy assails and spells and with the fact that the wiest would be soloing, all priority would be on that wiest making it impossible to cast anything else (this applies for Chaos 2 -34) and even if possible to cast DSG no wiest has enough MP to cast DSG enough times to solo past MP regen since wiests only have limited MP (no fas spiorad and elemental leasaich spells don't work after subbing). Sure it would be possible to manage solo'ing one monster in chaos after spending an hour or so (constantly logging off and on and off and on) using something like Deo Saighead and alot of patience, but it's not worth the effort for an attempt at serious solo hunting.

In the days of instant aether IA, it wasn't unheard of for high MP Wiests to solo hunt (MTG esspecially).

#51 User is offline   Palit 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 07 September 2005 - 08:14 AM

True, it's completely unefficient for a wiest to solo chaos now, but it is (slowly) possible. Also, you can solo Sham cubes for sets and exp.

As a side note, can you check your dahelp p/ms Prada? Or the threads in dahelp? Thanks~
Rawr~

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users