Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:31 AM

nurrz this gay life.

i am so tired of sorting receipts.

#2 User is offline   (._.) 

• Hi.
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:04 AM

I paid 600 to the feds and 200 back from the state. This year I'm sinking money into emergency food and water supplies, gold&silver, ammo, maybe another gun, and real estate.
Posted Image Currently NOT banned! Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Kakarott 

• Iraq Lobster
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • DA Class:Paladin

Posted 26 April 2012 - 09:48 AM

Might want to stock up on lithium while you're at it!
“When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do so knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content just to love the questions themselves."

- Dr. Neil deGrasse Tyson

#4 User is offline   Mayz 

• Necessary Evil
  • DA Class:Ashes

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:42 AM

View PostKakarott, on 26 April 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

It may be in our tap soon. Ignore the end. =/

I wonder how those manic depressive pills react when they hit water?

This post has been edited by Mayz: 26 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

"Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." (Proverbs 31:9) "A Nation that kills its own children is a nation without hope." - Pope John Paul II.

#5 User is offline   Aes 

• It puts the hotdog in the bun
  • Group: Admins[Administrator]
  • DA Class:Warlock/Free HK 4Meleez

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

I've got my tin foil hat on, so the mind-controlling properties of their lithium witchcraft cannot harm me!
Change my picture

IM14 & I THINK im ready 4 a child & i hav the right guy to get me pregnant but he doesnt want to have 1 so is there anyway i can poke holes in his condoms with a needle without him knowing wut i did?

#6 User is offline   (._.) 

• Hi.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

View PostKakarott, on 26 April 2012 - 10:48 AM, said:

I don't do drugs.

I AM DRUGS

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Currently NOT banned! Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Mayz 

• Necessary Evil

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

View PostAes, on 26 April 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

I've got my tin foil hat on, so the mind-controlling properties of their lithium witchcraft cannot harm me!

It's the same rationale that has flouride in our water.
"Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy." (Proverbs 31:9) "A Nation that kills its own children is a nation without hope." - Pope John Paul II.

#8 User is offline   SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUNWORM 

• Insight: 98
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • DA Class:DECADE OF DAIQUIRI

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

View Post(._.), on 26 April 2012 - 02:14 PM, said:

I don't do drugs.

I AM DRUGS

what is are this lithium water thing that I should supposed to be am worried about now?????????

ALSO DRUGS!!!!!!!

#9 User is offline   Kakarott 

• Iraq Lobster

Posted 27 April 2012 - 02:04 PM

View Post(._.), on 26 April 2012 - 03:14 PM, said:

I don't do drugs.

I AM DRUGS

monurrzin salvador dali yo
“When I reach for the edge of the universe, I do so knowing that along some paths of cosmic discovery there are times when, at least for now, one must be content just to love the questions themselves."

#10 User is offline   Aes 

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:21 AM

View PostMayz, on 26 April 2012 - 03:34 PM, said:

It's the same rationale that has flouride in our water.

Yeah you better watch out. Fluoridated water has been linked to hypnotism, alien abduction, and the development of microchip-like growths in the brain.
Change my picture

IM14 & I THINK im ready 4 a child & i hav the right guy to get me pregnant but he doesnt want to have 1 so is there anyway i can poke holes in his condoms with a needle without him knowing wut i did?

#11 User is offline   Mayz 

• Necessary Evil

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:44 AM

View PostAes, on 28 April 2012 - 01:21 AM, said:

Yeah you better watch out. Fluoridated water has been linked to hypnotism, alien abduction, and the development of microchip-like growths in the brain.

It could do this stuff according to this site. http://www.fluoridea...g/health/brain/

Key Findings - Fluoride & the Brain: (Click for more detail)
Posted Image1) Fluoride's ability to damage the brain represents one of the most active areas of research on fluoride toxicity today.

2) The research on fluoride and the brain has been fueled by 18 human studiesfrom China, India, Iran, and Mexico finding elevated levels of fluoride exposure to be associated with IQ deficits in children. Fluoride's impact on IQ is exacerbated among children with low-iodine exposure.

3) The impact of fluoride on children's IQhas been documented even after controlling for children's lead exposure, iodine exposure, parental education and income status, and other known factors that might impact the results (Rocha-Amador 2007; Xiang 2003 a,b).

4) In addition to IQ studies, 3 studies (Yu 1996; Du 1992; Han 1989) have found that fluoride accumulates in the brain of the fetus, causing damage to cells and neurotransmitters and 1 study (Li 2004) has found a correlation between exposure to fluoride during fetal development and behavioral deficits among neonates.

5) Several recent studies have found that even adult exposures to fluoride may result in central nervous system disturbances, particularly among industrial workers.

5) The findings of neurological effects in fluoride-exposed humans is consistent with, and strengthened by, recent findings from over 40 animal studies published since 1992. As with the studies on humans, the studies on animals have reported an impairment in learning and memory prorcesses among the fluoride-treated groups.

6) The animal studies have also documented considerable evidence of direct toxic effects of fluoride on brain tissue, even at levels as low as 1 ppm fluoride in water (Varner 1998). These effects include:

-- reduction in nicotinic acetylcholine receptors;
-- reduction in lipid content;
-- impaired anti-oxidant defense systems;
-- damage to the hippocampus;
-- damage to the purkinje cells;
-- increased uptake of aluminum;
-- formation of beta-amyloid plaques (the classic brain abnormality in Alzheimer's disease);
-- exacerbation of lesions induced by iodine deficiency; and

-- accumulation of fluoride in thepineal gland.

#12 User is offline   Aes 

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

People fail to understand that it's possible for something that's toxic in large doses to be safe and beneficial at lower levels. You've got iodine (also toxic in high doses) added to your salt, too. Best watch out! MIND CONTROL DRUGS EVERYWHERE! PARANOIA PARANOIA!

You'd have to drink about 25 gallons of fluoridated water in one sitting before fluoride poisoning could be come an issue. Good luck pulling that off.
Change my picture

#13 User is offline   Mayz 

• Necessary Evil

Posted 28 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

View PostAes, on 28 April 2012 - 12:10 PM, said:

People fail to understand that it's possible for something that's toxic in large doses to be safe and beneficial at lower levels. You've got iodine (also toxic in high doses) added to your salt, too. Best watch out! MIND CONTROL DRUGS EVERYWHERE! PARANOIA PARANOIA!

You'd have to drink about 25 gallons of fluoridated water in one sitting before fluoride poisoning could be come an issue. Good luck pulling that off.

People fail to understand that I have a choice on what goes into my body. If it is good for me, I deal with the consequences. If it is bad for me, I deal with the consequences. Liberty is awesome because with it you have the freedom to make your own decisions. Big brother don't need to look out for me. Sure, you might want a babysitter, but I don't want one.

This post has been edited by Mayz: 28 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

#14 User is offline   Aes 

Posted 28 April 2012 - 12:57 PM

View PostMayz, on 28 April 2012 - 12:11 PM, said:

People fail to understand that I have a choice on what goes into my body. If it is good for me, I deal with the consequences. If it is bad for me, I deal with the consequences. Liberty is awesome because with it you have the freedom to make your own decisions. Big brother don't need to look out for me. Sure, you might want a babysitter, but I don't want one.

Oh for nurrz's sake Mayz.

Just...read please.
Change my picture

#15 User is offline   SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUNWORM 

Posted 28 April 2012 - 01:47 PM

STOP PUTTING FLOUNDER IN THE WATER

#16 User is offline   Mayz 

• Necessary Evil

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostAes, on 28 April 2012 - 01:57 PM, said:

Oh for nurrz's sake Mayz.

Just...read please.

Dude. I don't care. It's not about whether it is true or not; it is the principle. I should be able to make decisions for myself. If I want to drink water from the stream without boiling it first, it's my own damn choice. All you should do is say, "I don't think that is a very good idea, and here is why..." If I get a tape worm, then I should pay to have it removed.

Ok, so if my teeth start to decay, I should buy my dentures. If you were paying for my dentures that's a different story, but you really shouldn't have to pay for my dentures. If you want to that is cool, but I don't want your stipulations.

But while we are on that subject, why do children need fluoride? They get a whole new set of teeth.

http://www.sciencedi...003996974901940
A group (I) of 7–12-yr-old children from non-fluoridated communities who had ingested 0.5 mg F supplement/day from shortly after birth to the age of 3 yr. and 1 mg/day thereafter was compared with a control group (II) from the same communities and with a group (III) with lifetime exposure to fluoridated water. The mean DFS scores of Groups I, II and III were approximately in the ratios 1:5:2. A corresponding proportionality was found for the dfs scores. Analyses of enamel biopsies from permanent teeth showed that the mean F concentrations of the surface enamel ranked as follows: Group 1 > Group III > Group II. The prevalence of atypically shallow pits and fissures ranked in the same order. It is concluded, therefore, that the caries-preventive effect of the ingested F was related both to elevated F levels in the surface enamel and to less retentive pits and fissures. Sixty-seven per cent of Group I was classified as having fluorosis mainly of the very mild and mild types; in no case was there any discolouring or pitting of the enamel.

http://www.fluorider...3_n1_p17-26.pdf
SUMMARY: This study reports accumulation of fluoride and altered activities
of some enzymes involved in free-radical metabolism and membrane function
in whole brain and gastrocnemius muscle of female mice treated with NaF
(20mg/kg/body weight) for 14 days. The body weight and somatic index were
decreased, whereas fluoride levels were significantly increased (p<0.01) in
both brain and gastrocnemius muscle. The enzymes SOD, GST, and catalase
decreased significantly (p<0.01) in contrast to XOD activity, which moderately
increased. SDH, LDH, AlAT, AAT, and CPK activities and membrane-bound
enzymes, viz Na+-K+, Mg++ and Ca++ATPase and AChE were decreased significantly
(p<0.01) in both brain and gastrocnemius muscle. The effect of fluoride
on enzymes of muscle was comparatively larger, which corroborates the
greater accumulation of fluoride in muscle than brain. This study therefore
shows that both brain and muscle are affected by fluoride with inhibition of
some enzymes associated with free-radical metabolism, energy production
and transfer, membrane transport, and synaptic transmission, but with an enhanced
activity of XOD.

INTRODUCTION
Fluorosis caused by excess intake of fluoride is a slow, progressive degenerative
disorder, known to affect predominantly the skeletal systems, teeth and
also the structure and function of skeletal muscle,1-3 brain,4 and spinal cord.5
Recent studies have shown accumulation of fluoride in the hippocampus of the
brain6 causing degeneration of neurons and decreased aerobic metabolism7 and
altered free-radical metabolism in the liver, kidney, and heart.8-11 However, the
effect of fluoride on neuromuscular tissue is far from clear.

What is fascinating is my ancestor died with all his teeth. "He lived for a time at Minas and died c1700 at age 99, 'with all his teeth.'" http://www.geni.com/...000002627510001

And, they now fluoridate 56.8% of the water in Nova Scotia. http://www.planetda....743#entry683743

This post has been edited by Mayz: 28 April 2012 - 02:50 PM

#17 User is offline   SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSUNWORM 

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:38 PM

View PostMayz, on 28 April 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

Dude. I don't care. It's not about whether it is true or not; it is the principle. I should be able to make decisions for myself. If I want to drink water from the stream without boiling it first, it's my own damn choice. All you should do is say, "I don't think that is a very good idea, and here is why..." If I get a tape worm, then I should pay to have it removed.

Ok, so if my teeth start to decay, I should buy my dentures. If you were paying for my dentures that's a different story, but you really shouldn't have to pay for my dentures. If you want to that is cool, but I don't want your stipulations.

And why do children need fluoride? They get a whole new set of teeth.

If you're into that, you should try the Ganges, that nurrz is a miracle if you believe in miracles. Just do a quick google image search if you don't believe me!

#18 User is offline   Aes 

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:46 PM

Why is fluoride being targeted so harshly though? Don't forget that iodine is the same type of thing (helpful -> harmful, depending on dosage). Know what else is toxic in excessive quantities? Pure water. AND OXYGEN.

The "we have the right to choose" argument sounds great, however....nurrz it, I'd rather just copy/paste:

"Let the People Decide"

The antis' most persuasive argument, both to legislators and to the general public, is to call for a public vote. On the surface, this appears to be the democratic way to settle the issue. But the antis are dealing from a stacked deck. First, the people who need fluoridation the most—the children—do not vote. Second, it is not difficult to confuse voters by flooding the community with scare propaganda. Average citizens do not have the educational background to sort out claim and counterclaim or to judge which "authorities" to believe. To turn against fluoridation, they don't need to accept all the anti arguments—only one. The sheer bulk of the controversy is itself likely to arouse doubt in the minds of most voters.Antis who say, "Let the people decide," may sound as if they wish to use a democratic process to make the decision, but experience in many cities has shown otherwise. If fluoridation wins a referendum, the usual anti response is to work for another one. In some communities that allow repeated referendums on the same subject, fluoridation has been in and out, and in and out again. When this happens, not only do children suffer, but taxpayers are saddled with the cost of the referendums.Curiously, studies have shown that referendums can lose even in communities where public opinion favors fluoridation. People will usually go to the polls to vote against what they don't like. So the crucial factor in many referendums is the ability of proponents to mobilize the supporters. A 1998 Gallup Poll commissioned by the American Dental Association found that when asked "Do you believe community water should be fluoridated?" 70% of respondents believed that community water should be fluoridated, 18% did not, and 12% were undecided. Yet small numbers of vocal critics still manage to impede its implementation in many communities.

Change my picture

#19 User is offline   Mayz 

• Necessary Evil

Posted 28 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

View PostAes, on 28 April 2012 - 03:46 PM, said:

Why is fluoride being targeted so harshly though? Don't forget that iodine is the same type of thing (helpful -> harmful, depending on dosage). Know what else is toxic in excessive quantities? Pure water. AND OXYGEN.

The "we have the right to choose" argument sounds great, however....nurrz it, I'd rather just copy/paste:

You think you can force your beliefs on other people?

I added a few things just in case you missed them.
http://www.sciencedi...003996974901940
A group (I) of 7–12-yr-old children from non-fluoridated communities who had ingested 0.5 mg F supplement/day from shortly after birth to the age of 3 yr. and 1 mg/day thereafter was compared with a control group (II) from the same communities and with a group (III) with lifetime exposure to fluoridated water. The mean DFS scores of Groups I, II and III were approximately in the ratios 1:5:2. A corresponding proportionality was found for the dfs scores. Analyses of enamel biopsies from permanent teeth showed that the mean F concentrations of the surface enamel ranked as follows: Group 1 > Group III > Group II. The prevalence of atypically shallow pits and fissures ranked in the same order. It is concluded, therefore, that the caries-preventive effect of the ingested F was related both to elevated F levels in the surface enamel and to less retentive pits and fissures. Sixty-seven per cent of Group I was classified as having fluorosis mainly of the very mild and mild types; in no case was there any discolouring or pitting of the enamel.

http://www.fluorider...3_n1_p17-26.pdf
SUMMARY: This study reports accumulation of fluoride and altered activities
of some enzymes involved in free-radical metabolism and membrane function
in whole brain and gastrocnemius muscle of female mice treated with NaF
(20mg/kg/body weight) for 14 days. The body weight and somatic index were
decreased, whereas fluoride levels were significantly increased (p<0.01) in
both brain and gastrocnemius muscle. The enzymes SOD, GST, and catalase
decreased significantly (p<0.01) in contrast to XOD activity, which moderately
increased. SDH, LDH, AlAT, AAT, and CPK activities and membrane-bound
enzymes, viz Na+-K+, Mg++ and Ca++ATPase and AChE were decreased significantly
(p<0.01) in both brain and gastrocnemius muscle. The effect of fluoride
on enzymes of muscle was comparatively larger, which corroborates the
greater accumulation of fluoride in muscle than brain. This study therefore
shows that both brain and muscle are affected by fluoride with inhibition of
some enzymes associated with free-radical metabolism, energy production
and transfer, membrane transport, and synaptic transmission, but with an enhanced
activity of XOD.

INTRODUCTION
Fluorosis caused by excess intake of fluoride is a slow, progressive degenerative
disorder, known to affect predominantly the skeletal systems, teeth and
also the structure and function of skeletal muscle,1-3 brain,4 and spinal cord.5
Recent studies have shown accumulation of fluoride in the hippocampus of the
brain6 causing degeneration of neurons and decreased aerobic metabolism7 and
altered free-radical metabolism in the liver, kidney, and heart.8-11 However, the
effect of fluoride on neuromuscular tissue is far from clear.

What is fascinating is my ancestor died with all his teeth. "He lived for a time at Minas and died c1700 at age 99, 'with all his teeth.'" http://www.geni.com/...000002627510001

And, they now fluoridate 56.8% of the water in Nova Scotia. http://www.planetda....743#entry683743

This post has been edited by Mayz: 28 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

#20 User is offline   Aes 

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:06 PM

1) The fluoridation of water occurs naturally. All the "big bad government" does with it is even it out at a level high enough to provide dental health benefits, but low enough to prevent fluorosis. By the way, as a kid, I actually had fluorosis to the degree that my front teeth had slight brown spots on them--it went away over time and hardly caused any of the nonsense you seem to think it does.

For something that is "a slow, progressive degenerative disorder, known to affect predominantly the skeletal systems, teeth and also the structure and function of skeletal muscle,1-3 brain,4 and spinal cord" I only have one filling, have never had a true broken bone, I'm fairly intelligent (I think!), and my posture? Well, do I blame the fact that I've spent much of my time (work and play) on the computer, or do I blame fluoride in my water?

2) Those "scare studies" are often taken out of context or not conducted under proper scientific means. For example, some might say that fluoride causes cancer. So they sample various cities with fluoridated water, and these cities also happen to be fairly industrialized/polluted. "In these cities, we have more cancer victims." But is it the fluoride in the water, or the increased pollution? We already know that industrial pollutants increase the risk of cancer, so...yeah.

You need to look into your sources with more care. A tabloid or magazine is more likely to publish a "scientific study" than a scientific journal, because scientific journals have much higher standards than a tabloid or magazine.

PS: Almost forgot!

Fluorosis caused by excess intake of fluoride

See? More out-of-context scaremongering. This brings us back to how an increased dosage of something beneficial can become toxic.

Daily multivitamins. Do you take the recommended dosage, or the whole nurrzing bottle at once?
Change my picture

#21 User is offline   Mayz 

• Necessary Evil

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:18 PM

Actually, my sources are the abstracts of scientific journals.

Are you sure you suffered no side effects?

I come from an area where it is naturally occurring and I have 11 fillings, and had 3 wisdom teeth pulled (after they grew in and became cavities) and one fully disintegrated.

I love candy and soda. I am not a salt person, but sugar is my fav!

This post has been edited by Mayz: 28 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

#22 User is offline   Kakarott 

• Iraq Lobster

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:28 PM

Mayz, why is it okay for you to be the final say on what goes into YOUR body, but when other people just don't care - which is their choice - it gets your feathers ruffled?

I don't think anyone is suggesting that you don't have the right to believe what you want to believe about fluoride in the water; they just aren't really interested in being sold on it either.
Personally, I couldn't care less. I'm not trying to live forever, I'd rather not spend my life in a self-imposed hell of worry and fear. Aside from the health hazards of that, it's just not how I plan to live my life.
I'm not trying to sell you on this either, though. I'm cool with your thoughts, and I'm not threatened by them. Why not just leave it at that?

#23 User is offline   Mayz 

• Necessary Evil

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:32 PM

View PostKakarott, on 28 April 2012 - 04:28 PM, said:

Mayz, why is it okay for you to be the final say on what goes into YOUR body, but when other people just don't care - which is their choice - it gets your feathers ruffled?

I don't think anyone is suggesting that you don't have the right to believe what you want to believe about fluoride in the water; they just aren't really interested in being sold on it either.
Personally, I couldn't care less. I'm not trying to live forever, I'd rather not spend my life in a self-imposed hell of worry and fear. Aside from the health hazards of that, it's just not how I plan to live my life.
I'm not trying to sell you on this either, though. I'm cool with your thoughts, and I'm not threatened by them. Why not just leave it at that?

They can add fluoride themselves. I don't want it to be forced on me by my government. That's where my feathers are ruffled. When you make something law, you are going to use force to enforce it. It is hard to leave it at that when you don't have a choice.

This post has been edited by Mayz: 28 April 2012 - 03:34 PM

#24 User is offline   Aes 

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:51 PM

View PostMayz, on 28 April 2012 - 04:18 PM, said:

Actually, my sources are the abstracts of scientific journals.

Are you sure you suffered no side effects?

I come from an area where it is naturally occurring and I have 11 fillings, and had 3 wisdom teeth pulled (after they grew in and became cavities) and one fully disintegrated.

I love candy and soda. I am not a salt person, but sugar is my fav!

Pretty sure my only side effect is a healthy set of teeth despite the fact that I'm no role model for taking care of them. I loved pop as a kid, still love candy to this day, and I could be a lot better at flossing than I am. Given the fact that my mom's mouth is full of fillings and crowns, while my dad's just flat-out missing a bunch of his back teeth, I'm pretty sure my dental health isn't genetic, either.

I was going to type more, but then I realized that I really shouldn't care. Once again, you're just showing me that the only things you have any trust for are 1) conspiracy theorists and 2) a pretend man who lives in the sky.

It's pretty pointless to go on, since we're not going to see eye to eye on yet another issue that is trivial/meaningless to most people.

Edit: Also Mayz, if fluoride in the water bugs you that much, just look around for some way to buy non-fluoridated water in bottles for drinking and such. See, you have choices! Act on them! No government soldiers will show up at your doorstep, rifles at the ready, and demand that you go back to drinking water with fluoride in it.
Change my picture

#25 User is offline   Mayz 

• Necessary Evil

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:21 PM

View PostAes, on 28 April 2012 - 04:51 PM, said:

Pretty sure my only side effect is a healthy set of teeth despite the fact that I'm no role model for taking care of them. I loved pop as a kid, still love candy to this day, and I could be a lot better at flossing than I am. Given the fact that my mom's mouth is full of fillings and crowns, while my dad's just flat-out missing a bunch of his back teeth, I'm pretty sure my dental health isn't genetic, either.

I was going to type more, but then I realized that I really shouldn't care. Once again, you're just showing me that the only things you have any trust for are 1) conspiracy theorists and 2) a pretend man who lives in the sky.

It's pretty pointless to go on, since we're not going to see eye to eye on yet another issue that is trivial/meaningless to most people.

Edit: Also Mayz, if fluoride in the water bugs you that much, just look around for some way to buy non-fluoridated water in bottles for drinking and such. See, you have choices! Act on them! No government soldiers will show up at your doorstep, rifles at the ready, and demand that you go back to drinking water with fluoride in it.

It didn't get me a healthy set of teeth.

What makes you think bottled water isn't made from filtered tap? And other than that. It is very costly. Where is the alternative for the poor? I hope the plastic is recyclable. I mean you care about my health and all. I hope you care about the long term life of the environment too.

This actually goes further into that debate: http://www.cbc.ca/ne...tled-water.html

I didn't even start this argument, and you imply that if you think otherwise you have to wear a tinfoil hat. I only mentioned that they were considering putting lithium in the water. You took it further, and with insult. All I said is, "It could." I gave nothing definite.

This post has been edited by Mayz: 28 April 2012 - 04:38 PM

#26 User is offline   Aes 

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:30 PM

View PostMayz, on 28 April 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

It didn't get me a healthy set of teeth.

What makes you think bottled water isn't made from filtered tap? And other than that. It is very costly. Where is the alternative for the poor? I hope the plastic is recyclable. I mean you care about my health and all. I hope you care about the long term life of the environment too.

Research the bottled water company and products they sell. I'm sure there's at least one out there willing to sell fluoride-less water to suckers people who don't want fluoridated water.

As for the poor, what if they DO want it? Oh, and poor people can't really afford proper dental care either, so your "freedom to choose" is actually choosing for them (by taking it away).
Change my picture

#27 User is offline   Mayz 

• Necessary Evil

Posted 28 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

View PostAes, on 28 April 2012 - 05:30 PM, said:

Research the bottled water company and products they sell. I'm sure there's at least one out there willing to sell fluoride-less water to suckers people who don't want fluoridated water.

As for the poor, what if they DO want it? Oh, and poor people can't really afford proper dental care either, so your "freedom to choose" is actually choosing for them (by taking it away).

So, sacrifice the right of some for the others right? The freedom of choice is having 50 different states with different legislation. Move. Most countries, like Japan, don't put fluoride in their water anymore (Well, Less than 1% of Japan practices water fluoridation.)

http://en.wikipedia....tion_by_country

Again since I edited it after you replied... I didn't even start this argument, and you imply that if you think otherwise you have to wear a tinfoil hat. I only mentioned that they were considering putting lithium in the water. You took it further, and with insult. All I said is, "It could." I gave nothing definite.

So I just brushed my teeth, and looked at the label. My colgate optic white toothpaste as Sodium monofluorophosphate 0.76% (0.15% w/v fluoride ion) in it. Then it reads, "If more than used for brushing (that's usually a size of a pea as indicated by directions) is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact poison control center right away." And that is why I spit and rinse my mouth.

This post has been edited by Mayz: 28 April 2012 - 05:25 PM

#28 User is offline   Papaya 

• The friendliest of fruits.
  • Group: Obligatory Parane Title[WHAT IS IT WITH DOUCHEBAGS WHO MUST MAKE THEIR SIGNATURE LARGER THAN THE MAJORITY OF THEIR POSTS?! BEFORE YOU SAY ANYTHING, IT'S THE GIANT NURRZING PINK TITLE, I DIDN'T PUT THAT HUGE EMPTY SPACE BELOW MY SIGNATURE. BUT, IT DOES ANNOY ME]
  • DA Class:Bad Wolf

Posted 28 April 2012 - 06:28 PM

View PostMayz, on 29 April 2012 - 05:11 AM, said:

The way I see it, you do have a choice. You can choose to go live somewhere else where fluoride isn't being put into the water. Maybe you should go live as a hermit up in the Himalayas or something, I don't think they have internet there. Please, do that.

You don't want liberty, per se, you want to dictate as a minority. If there is no significant community sentiment about fluoride in the water, and there isn't, that indicates that few to no people share your views or do so strongly enough to do something about it.

#29 User is offline   Aes 

Posted 28 April 2012 - 07:38 PM

View PostMayz, on 28 April 2012 - 05:41 PM, said:

So I just brushed my teeth, and looked at the label. My colgate optic white toothpaste as Sodium monofluorophosphate 0.76% (0.15% w/v fluoride ion) in it. Then it reads, "If more than used for brushing (that's usually a size of a pea as indicated by directions) is accidentally swallowed, get medical help or contact poison control center right away." And that is why I spit and rinse my mouth.

That's also why most people don't eat toothpaste. Or mouthwash. Or lotion. Or deodorant. Or shampoo. Or conditioner. Or nail polish. Or nail polish remover. Or just about anything else that we use to wash/care for our bodies with. Because not everything that touches our bodies has to be food. :)
Change my picture

#30 User is offline   Mayz 

• Necessary Evil

Posted 28 April 2012 - 09:04 PM

View PostAes, on 28 April 2012 - 08:38 PM, said:

That's also why most people don't eat toothpaste. Or mouthwash. Or lotion. Or deodorant. Or shampoo. Or conditioner. Or nail polish. Or nail polish remover. Or just about anything else that we use to wash/care for our bodies with. Because not everything that touches our bodies has to be food. :)

Except for kids it is easy to error since it is in their mouth already, so adult supervision is required.

Share this topic:

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users